Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Microsoft responds to customers feedback - Postpones disabling DAV

Few days back I had posted about Microsoft Announces Changes for Accessing Hotmail with Outlook Express, in which it was announced that Microsoft is disabling the DAV protocol (used by Outlook Express) from 30 June 2008 and so one will no longer be able to access Hotmail Inbox via Outlook Express.

And the users of Outlook Express also received notification from Microsoft regarding the same. But these customers gave feedback that they require more time to evaluate alternative solutions. Taking the customers' requests into consideration Microsoft is postponing the transition deadline previously announced.This means that you will continue to be able to access your Windows Live Hotmail accounts from Outlook Express beyond the June 30 transition deadline.

Actually I did not knew that still many use OE, So these users will have more time to evaluate. I suggest to start using Windows Live Mail with its similarity to OE, one will not find difficult to adjust to it. You can check its other features in my previous post.

(Source)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Many people including myself who actually use and love outlook express are having trouble downloading the windows live program for email. Apparently there is some problems with the program. I hope they get it resolved because I will be lost without outlook express. By the way I am one of the many that have a case number with Microsoft waiting for the answer as to why the program is not working and won't download and install.