If you are facing issues when you move data over USB from a Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer that has an NVIDIA USB EHCI chipset and at least 4GB of RAM, then this is the Fix for it.
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- The computer has an NVIDIA USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface (EHCI) chipset.
- The computer has at least 4GB of RAM.
- You try to copy data from the computer to an external USB storage device.
In this scenario, either of the following issues occurs:
- The computer stops responding.
- The copy operation stops.
This issue may also occur when you are using USB devices other than storage devices.
This issue may also occur if you perform other input/output (I/O) operations on the USB storage device. In this situation, the I/O operations fail.
Updates for fixing this issue -
For more details , please check - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/976972/