With the Microsoft Mathematics Add-in for Word and OneNote, you can perform mathematical calculations and plot graphs in your Word documents and OneNote notebooks. It makes it easy to plot graphs in 2D and 3D, calculate numerical results, solve equations or inequalities, and simplify algebraic expressions. The add-in also provides an extensive collection of mathematical symbols and structures to display clearly formatted mathematical expressions. You can also quickly insert commonly used expressions and math structures by using the Equation gallery.
The Microsoft Mathematics Add-in can help you with the following tasks:
• Compute standard mathematical functions, such as roots and logarithms
• Compute trigonometric functions, such as sine and cosine
• Find derivatives and integrals, limits, and sums and products of series
• Perform matrix operations, such as inverses, addition, and multiplication
• Perform operations on complex numbers
• Plot 2-D graphs in Cartesian and polar coordinates
• Plot 3-D graphs in Cartesian, cylindrical, and spherical coordinates
• Solve equations and inequalities
• Calculate statistical functions, such as mode and variance, on lists of numbers
• Factor polynomials or integers
• Simplify or expand algebraic expressions
This add-in works with Microsoft Word 2010, Microsoft OneNote 2010 and Microsoft Office Word 2007.
EDIT: Added this video. (04Oct10) With the free Microsoft Mathematics Add-In for Word and OneNote, you can calculate any mathematical expression or equation and then plot a graph. In this short video, Jennifer Bost shows you how using Microsoft Word 2010.
For more details check the download link. You can download the add-in from here .