Friday, September 14, 2007

Windows Live Translator beta for my Blog

Recently i had put BabelFish for translating my Blog for Non-English speaking readers and was thinking, why not Microsoft also comes up with such a service. And to my surprise within next few days Microsoft released Windows Live Translator beta, about which I had posted earlier.

So I thought of implementing the service from Windows Live Translator on this Blog, but as a widget, it was not yet possible as API for translator was not yet released as far as I know.
And I was trying to make use of query string as I had seen similar use for Google Translator by many. Thanks to John for pointing it for Windows Live Translator.
And now I have implemented it for this blog and at present its just been put in a simple way. later I will try to improve it further. I have put this on the side column.
So actually those who are making use of this service can comment , how correct and meaningful the translations are.At present it translates from English -> Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.

UPDATE: Check out the Via Windows Live Site, which has implemented this Windows Live Translation service perfectly at the footer of the page. Superb !!

No comments: