Few days back the final ver. of Windows Search 4.0 was released. You can use this search engine to index a program's content and to obtain instant results when you search in a particular program. It helps you find and preview documents, e-mail messages, music files, photos, and other items on the computer. Recently Live Mesh has updated so that Index for Desktop Search works with Live Mesh folders. You should install the Windows Search 4.0 as there are lots of improvements included, they are :
Support for indexing encrypted documents of local file systems
• Reduced affect on Microsoft Exchange when you index e-mail in online mode, and there is no local cache (.ost)
• Support for indexing online delegate mailboxes
• Support for client-to-client remote query to shared indexed locations
• Improved indexing performance
• Faster previewer updates for Windows XP
• Per-user Group Policy settings
• Windows software updates for Watson errors
• Support for the new enterprise Group Policy objects.
The Windows Search 4.0 installation process automatically upgrades Windows Desktop Search (WDS) 2.6 and later versions of WDS. If you are running a version of WDS that is earlier than WDS 2.6, use the Add or Remove Programs tool to remove the earlier version before you install Windows Search 4.0.
For more details and downloading Windows Search 4.0 for various versions of Windows, please check http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940157