Microsoft has released Windows Vista Performance and Tuning Guide which can help you to tune up and improve the performance of your Windows Vista. Performance in not only in terms of speed but a combination of Speed and responsiveness.This guide focuses on performance improvements on a single computer, but also takes a look at some of the tools used in enterprise environments to help make performance tuning manageable on a much larger scale.
This guide looks at the following areas of performance improvement:
• Making configuration changes that help a computer feel more responsive when you use it.
• Using hardware to boost the actual physical speed of a computer.
• Making configuration changes that help a computer to start faster.
• Making the computer more reliable may help increase performance.
• Monitoring performance occasionally so that you can stop problems before they get too big.
You can download the guide here : Windows Vista Performance and Tuning Guide.
This guide is released under the Springboard Series of guides released By Microsoft. You can check such Springboard series guides here.