Microsoft Research Machine Translation (MSR-MT) Team has successfully transitioned all of translation services to technology developed by Microsoft Research! Its’s a Major milestone. Until recently, some of the languages were still supported by a third party technology for general domain requests, but now all of translation service is Powered by Microsoft Translator. This means :
- Translation now fully powered by the Microsoft Translator technology is available through Live Search, as well as IE8, the Windows Live Toolbar, and Windows Live Messenger.
- All translation pairs on the site (11 English-X, 12 X-English) are powered by Microsoft Research-developed systems.
- Two transliteration pairs (chs<->cht), courtesy of the Windows International team.
- For several languages, better language quality.
- And finally, the release of TBot, a translation bot for Windows Live Messenger.
I had posted about TBot, few days back, New Translation bot for Windows Live Messenger
This is a Major Milestone. Congratulations to MSR-MT Team !!