As expected in my previous blogpost Kinect SDK to be made available today ?, Kinect for Windows SDK beta is now available for download.
The SDK is available for free from Microsoft Research. The SDK includes not only drivers but also APIs, device interfaces, installer documents and resource materials. It’s another exciting milestone for a technology that has captured the imagination of millions, and has become the fastest selling computer electronics device of all time.
Download the SDK beta and all other details from http://research.microsoft.com/kinectsdk
Some more interesting links -
- Programming Guide: Getting Started with the Kinect for Windows SDK Beta
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Coding4Fun Kinect Toolkit
- Kinect for Windows Quickstarts
Kinect for Windows SDK Quickstarts will get you up, running and coding away from install to working with the major Kinect features !
TheQuickstarts videos includes at present -
- Installing and Using the Kinect Sensor
- Setting up your Development Environment
- Camera Fundamentals
- Working with Depth Data
- Skeletal Tracking Fundamentals
- Audio Fundamentals