Check out what Bing team has done with Bing on the new Windows Mango Phone !
Bing on Windows Phone now transcends the search box. No longer limited by text, you can now search with voice, audio and vision -
- Voice: Search without typing using the voice search functionality.
- Music Search: Find what song is playing by letting you phone "listen" to the music. It not only shows you the name, artist, and album, but even shows you where you can hear or buy it.
- Bing Vision: You can now use your phone’s camera to look up product information by bringing an object into view. Bing will recognize text and present the option to select words for a search, and instantly return product results if the object has a barcode. Bing Vision can also detect product information from UPC codes, QR Codes and MS Tag as well as cover art for books, CD’s, DVD’s and video games.
Some more features -
Bing Local Scout provides local search results and recommends nearby restaurants, shopping and other activities in an easy to use guide powered by Bing. The results are arranged by:
- Highlights: Top rated and highly reviewed listings
- Eat+Drink: Nearby restaurants
- See+Do: Nearby attractions and activities
- Shop: Nearby stores
Bing search results now return Windows Phone Marketplace apps that are relevant to what you’re searching for.
For an in depth look at how this works, check out Ben and Stefan’s video covering Bing on Windows Phone 7.5:
(Source: Windows Phone 7.5: Bing(o) on Mango )