Sunday, February 16, 2020

[Tip]: Copy images and text from one PC to another with a cloud-based clipboard.

Its already been sometime since Clipboard history feature in Windows 10 was provided. I'm mentioning this feature tip again because many Windows 10 users didn't knew about this Clipboard history.
When you copy or cut in Windows 10, it's copied to the clipboard for you to paste. Now with the October 2018 Windows update, Windows 10 supports multiple items to be saved to the clipboard to use it later. And its a cloud based clipboard. So you can copy images and text from one PC to another with a cloud-based clipboard. Not only can you paste from your clipboard history, but you can also pin the items you find yourself using all the time.

1. To get to your clipboard history at any time, press Windows logo key  + V. You can also paste and pin frequently used items by choosing an individual item from your clipboard menu.
2. To share your clipboard items across your Windows 10 devices, select Start  > Settings  > System > Clipboard. Choose Automatically sync text that I copy under Sync across devices. The sync feature is tied to your Microsoft account, or your work account, so remember to use the same login information on all your devices. 


Your clipboard history is limited to 25 copied entries. Older itemsunless they're pinnedare removed automatically to make room for new clipboard items.

Here are some FAQs about the Clipboard:
How do I turn on my clipboard history for the first time?
To turn your clipboard on for the first time, select Windows logo key + V, and then select Turn on.
 
How do I sync my clipboard items to my PC?
To turn on the sync feature, select Start  > Settings  > System  > Clipboard . Choose On under Sync across devices.
 
How do I clear my clipboard history?
To clear everything—except pinned items—on your device and the cloud, select Start  > Settings  > System > Clipboard  > Clear clipboard data > Clear.
You can also clear your device clipboard history by selecting Windows logo key  + V  and then selecting the Clear all option at the top.
 
How do I clear an individual item I don't want to show up in the clipboard history anymore?
To clear an item on your clipboard, open your clipboard by selecting Windows logo key  + V, and then next to the item in question, select Delete.
 
How do I sync my clipboard to my phone?
You can't sync your clipboard history to your phone yet, but that feature is coming soon.

No comments: